Fighter Pilot experience
Operated as part of the advanced flying training school, this exciting flying experience brings a totally new level of military style organisation, excitement and professionalism to aviation experiences. Our Fly with a Fighter Pilot experience is the ultimate in flying experiences. Your ex-military instructor will teach you how to fly like a fighter pilot - you will fly a variety of aerobatic figures, starting off with gentle loops and rolls, to include a loop, aileron roll, stall turn, barrel roll, Cuban 8, slow roll, vertical roll, derry turn etc......
You choose how far to push the boundaries.....Flights are tailored to you; the trip is as wild, or mild, as you choose!
- Flights are in the Bulldog aircraft
- Ground briefing is approx 30 minutes and includes all safety/parachute procedures, and how to fly aerobatics (yourself!)
- Flights are tailored to you; the trip is as wild (or mild) as you choose! If there are any particular manoeuvres you would like to try, please let us know!
Profile of your Day
- Kit out into military flying suits.
- Pre-flight briefing - including safety/parachute brief, how to fly the aircraft, aerobatics manoeuvres.
- Strap on parachute. Cockpit Controls and Safety Brief at aircraft.
- Flight Profile - includes instructor demonstration and student practice for each manoeuvre.
- You sit side by side with your instructor.
- Take-off and 'get to know' the aeroplane - introduction to effects of controls - turning, climbing, descending
- Aerobatics and air combat manoeuvres - loop, aileron roll, stall turn, barrel roll, Cuban 8, slow roll, split 'S' etc.
- Instructor talks through Return to Base
- Personal debrief with instructor pilot, including no. g pulled, signed flight certificate.
Opportunity to purchase a DVD of your flight.
All of our gift experiences are presented in an attractive red case with "Congratulations - you are the lucky recipient of a Well Wicked experience day" written on the front. You will also get a DVD featuring many of our experiences. Experience vouchers can be personalised if required.
Your flying experience is 35 minutes long but you should expect to be at the airfield for 2-3 hours.
The Fly with a Fighter Pilot experience takes place at Goodwood Aerodrome, West Sussex.
Flights are available all year round except Sundays and Bank Holidays.
All flying experiences are subject to weight, height and health restrictions. The weight limit is 17 stone, the minimum height is 5ft and maximum height is 6ft 5in. This experience is suitable for anyone over the age of 12 years old. You will be required to complete a Medical Self Certification Form. No upper age limit, however if you are aged 61 or over, as a formality, you will require a letter from your doctor confirming your suitability to fly.
Long trousers and light flat-soled shoes are best. Any helmets, gloves or flying suits will be provided if required to participate in the experience. Where a helmet and gloves are required for an experience it is mandatory and no exceptions will be made.
Any number of family/friends can come to the airfield itself, HOWEVER, due to space constraints, only 1 guest per flying participant can be accommodated in the crew room during the flying brief. We also recommend that you do not bring young children as there is little to entertain them at the airfield.
There is a superb restaurant close to the Crew Room and the airfield activities can be watched from here on the balcony outside. Please note that the flight will not take place over the airfield, but in the local area - your family/friends will therefore be able to see you take-off and land, but will not be able to see your sortie from the airfield.
For safety and insurance reasons family/friends are not allowed airside.
All flying experiences are subject to weather conditions. It is the pilot and the operator’s final decision if the experience should take place due to inclement weather conditions. Should your aviation experience be cancelled due to weather or a technical issue with the aircraft your experience will be re-booked on an alternative date.